OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

egov-ms message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: RE: [egov-ms] OASIS eGov Member Section - Work Plan 2011

Harm Jan


Thanks for your comments.  Please see my replies in-line below.




From: Burg, HJM (Harm Jan) van (BEDRIJF) [mailto:h.j.m.burg@minfin.nl]
Sent: 25 November 2010 10:52
To: John Borras; egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [egov-ms] OASIS eGov Member Section - Work Plan 2011


John ea,


Thanks for the workplan. It indeed looks ambitious.

JB – indeed we recognize that hence my request to the Member Section for their involvement and assistance.  Would you be willing to assist on any items and in particular on your XBRL proposals?


I have a couple of remarks.


There are posibilities in strengthening relationships with other organisations in the E gov area.

Being delegate with UNCEFACT and member/follower of TBG 19 (Egov) and TBG 17 (CCL coordination) it is good to know that there is a discussion going on in CEFACT about the positioning and internal structuring of the organisation. Important decisions will be made during the Plenary in December in Geneva. It looks as iff CEFACT will concentrate more on standards promotion, usage and policy than on creation. That means (in my view) that the importance of recomondations might grow, but also the cooperation with OASIS and ISO.

JB – Jamie and Carol handle co-operation with the likes of CEFACT and ISO and no doubt they will be interested in these developments.  I don’t know if either will be attending the Plenary in December but I’m sure we will get some feedback from them in due course for consideration by the eGov Steering Committee.

As you know there is cooperation between the WCO and CEFACT on the WCO datamodel and CEFACT Core Component Library. I expect the the CCL wil remain one of the key deliverables of CEFACT and will be combined with the WCO datamodel. I know that there are some thoughts within the WCO to force their datamodel (basicly a library) on the industry but there is resistance from the transport sector. The wisest thing from a government policy perspective would be to keep seeking cooperation. I guess that will happen.

JB – under our MOU with WCO we will continue to provide them with advice etc but we haven’t been asked yet about the applicability of their data model to other sectors.  As you say co-operation rather than obligation would be the sensible approach.

One of the deliverables of the closed OASIS Tax xml TC was the Indirect Taxation Reference model. I believe that model could still breach gaps between the regulators and the trade and transport sector.

JB – we did briefly talk about this some time ago but didn’t come to any conclusions on how to take this forward.  Perhaps we could go over the ground again to see how we might progress this, eg who would need to be involved, who has control of the model, what is the problem that needs fixing, etc.

A different issue is that fact that in the E-gov (TBG-19) there is ongoing work on E-notification as part of E-procurement. Because the work is being done by people (and contractors) of the European Commission this might  lead to something usable. There are some potential links to the action item on legal XML, I presume.

JB – we will continue to liaise with the LegalXML MS on this.

The last couple of years I have been active in the erea of financial reporting. From OASIS perspective we have tried to maintain communication lines with XBRL. Depite the fact that XBRL org is struggeling with their internal stucture it is fact that the importance of XBRL as language in this space is still growing. The is now also interest from the financial services industry. I believe that financial reporting programmes and projects will be an area for investments in the upcoming years. We now have no action item on this. I believe we should.

JB – Could I ask you to submit a Work Item request on this so that the SC can consider what you are suggesting needs to be done.  The request form is available on the MS website – see www.oasis-egov.org/node/27




Harm Jan van Burg

Standards policy advisor Netherlands Tax and Customs administration


Van: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Verzonden: wo 10-11-2010 11:08
Aan: egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Onderwerp: [egov-ms] OASIS eGov Member Section - Work Plan 2011

Your Steering Committee has produced the attached draft work plan for next year and this is now submitted for your comment and approval.  Could I have any comments, objections or suggested additions by Friday 26th November please so that these can be considered at our next SC meeting in December.


The work plan is an ambitious one but we believe these items are important and need urgent action.  We do need your involvement and assistance in delivering the plan, the Steering Committee cannot do all the work on its own.  So could you also indicate which work items are of particular interest to you and ones that you would be willing to assist with.


Any other general views on the operation of the Member Section are always welcome.



John Borras


Chair OASIS eGOV MS Steering Committee


m. +(0)44 7976 157745

Skype:  gov3john


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]