egov-ms message

Subject: FW: OASIS eGOV MS STEERING COMMITTEE MEETING 11 APRIL

Please find attached the papers for the SC call next Monday.  Following on from my note below, I am allowing a significant part of the meeting to be available for membership input into the working of the SC and the MS, so I hope as many of you as possible will join the call.    The dial-in numbers are listed at the end of the Agenda.

To assist with the starting of the meeting it would be helpful to have a note of those who are planning to attend please.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS eGOV MS Steering Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745

Skype:  gov3john

From: John Borras [mailto:johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 21 March 2011 16:51
To: 'egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org'
Subject: OASIS eGOV MS STEERING COMMITTEE MEETINGS

Hello everybody.

Your Steering Committee is very anxious to engage much more effectively with the membership of the eGov MS to ensure that the work programme we are following meets the needs and wishes of you all, and also, now that we are a funded MS, that we are spending your money wisely.  As a first step towards a more open interaction between us we would like to invite all members to participate on a regular basis in our Steering Committee meetings.  The first opportunity to test the benefit of this will be our next planned meeting which is scheduled for 11th April at 19.00 CEST/ 13.00 EDT.  Can I ask you for now to make a note of this in your dairies and I will send out the relevant papers and conference call numbers nearer the time.

If anyone has any other suggestions for how we can get closer co-operation and involvement by the membership please let me know.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS eGOV MS Steering Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745

Skype:  gov3john

SC Meeting Papers.zip

--- Begin Message ---

Attached are a number of recent OASIS outputs.  As per Bob’s recent suggestion can you flag up any interest by your Government in any of these please.  We can discuss any activities on our next SC call.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS eGOV MS Steering Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745

Skype:  gov3john

--- Begin Message ---
OASIS Members,

We are pleased to announce the approval of an OASIS Committee
Specification (CS) by the OpenDocument TC Members:

Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) Version 1.2
Committee Specification 01

Overview: Open Document Format for Office Applications
(OpenDocument) Version 1.2 specifies the characteristics
of an XML-based application-independent and
platform-independent digital document file format, as
well as the characteristics of software applications
which read, write and process such documents. This
standard is applicable to document authoring, editing,
viewing, exchange and archiving, including text documents,
spreadsheets, presentation graphics, drawings, charts
and similar documents commonly used by personal
productivity software applications.

The OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications
(OpenDocument) TC [1] devlops an XML-based file format
specification for office applications

URIs: The prose specification document and related files
at CS level are available here:

Editable Source:
Core:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01.odt
Part 1:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part1.odt
Part 2:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part2.odt
Part 3:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part3.odt

HTML:
Core:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01.html
Part 1:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part1.htm
Part 2:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part2.htm
Part 3:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part3.htm

PDF:
Core:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01.pdf
Part 1:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part1.pdf
Part 2:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part2.pdf
Part 3:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-part3.pdf

RNG schema and OWL files:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-dsig-sche
ma.rng
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-manifest-
schema.rng
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-schema.rn
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-metadata.
owl
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-package-m
etadata.owl

Distribution ZIP files
Entire specification:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01.zip
Schema files:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/cs01/OpenDocument-v1.2-cs01-schemas.z
ip

Members of the OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications
(OpenDocument) TC [1] requested a Special Majority Vote to approve
this specification (Committee Specification Draft 07 / Public
Review Draft 03) as a Committee Specification. The specification
had been released for public review as required by the TC Process
[2]. The vote to approve at Committee Specification (CS) level
passed [3], and the approved CS 01 is available online in the
OASIS Library as referenced above.

- rcc

Robin Cover
Interim TC Administrator
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html
Tel: +1 972-296-1783

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS Open Document Format for Office Applications (OpenDocument) TC
      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/

[2] Public review and CS approval
     15-day Public Review of OpenDocument v1.2 (17 December 2010)
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201012/msg00001.html
     60-day Public Review of OpenDocument v1.2 (8 July 2010)
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201007/msg00004.html

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php#publicReview

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2010-07-28.php#committeeSpec

[3] CS ballot
     http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2006

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
The OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC members have produced
an updated Committee Specification Draft (CSD) and submitted
this specification for 15-day public review:

OASIS ebXML Messaging Services Version 3.0: Part 2, Advanced Features
Committee Specification Draft 03 / Public Review Draft 02

Specification Overview:

This specification complements the ebMS 3.0 Core Specification
by specifying advanced messaging functionality for message
service configuration, message bundling, messaging across
intermediaries (multi-hop) and transfer of (compressed)
messages as series of smaller message fragments.

The main function of intermediaries as defined in this
specification is to provide message routing and forwarding
based on standardized SOAP message headers, allowing a sending
MSH to ignore the ultimate message destination and abstract
away from lower-level transport parameters such as the URL of
the ultimate receiving MSH and message exchange pattern bindings.
The intermediary functionality defined here supports message
relaying across segmented networks, synchronous and asynchronous
bindings and both active (push) and passive (pull message
stores) forwarding styles. Multi-hop paths may consist of any
number of intermediaries.

This second review of the specification contains editorial
changes to correct and clarify issues raised during its first
review period.  No changes to the functionality described in
the specification have been made as part of these changes.

The OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC [1] was chartered to
develop and recommend technology for the transport, routing
and packaging of business transactions using standard Internet
technologies.

Public Review Period:  The public review starts today,
03 April 2011 and ends 18 April 2011. The specification was
previously submitted for a 60-day public review on 13 August
2010 [2]. This 15-day review is limited in scope to changes
made from the previous review of 13 August 2010.  Changes are
highlighted in the diff-marked PDF and editable source files
[3].

This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback
from potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS
members or not, for the sake of improving the interoperability
and quality of its technical work.

URIs: The prose specification document and related files are
available here:

Editable Source (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/part2/201004/csprd02/ebms-v3.
0-part2-csprd02.odt
HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/part2/201004/csprd02/ebms-v3.
0-part2-csprd02.html
PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/part2/201004/csprd02/ebms-v3.
0-part2-csprd02.pdf

XML Schemas:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/part2/201004/csprd02/ebms-v3.
0-part2-csprd02-schemas.zip

ZIP distribution file (complete):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/part2/201004/csprd02/ebms-v3.
0-part2-csprd02.zip

Additional information about the specification and the
OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC may be found at the
TC's public home page located at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/

Comments may be submitted to the TC by any person through the use
of the OASIS TC Comment Facility which can be accessed via the
button labeled "Send A Comment" at the top of the TC public home
page, or directly at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/form.php?wg_abbrev=ebxml-msg

Feedback submitted by TC non-members for this work and for other
work of this TC is publicly archived and can be viewed at:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-msg-comment/

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback
License, which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same
obligations at least as the obligations of the TC members. In
connection with this public review of 'OASIS ebXML Messaging
Services Version 3.0: Part 2, Advanced Features', we call your
attention to the OASIS IPR Policy [4] applicable especially [5]
to the work of this technical committee. All members of the TC
should be familiar with this document, which may create obligations
regarding the disclosure and availability of a member's patent,
copyright, trademark and license rights that read on an approved
OASIS specification. OASIS invites any persons who know of any
such claims to disclose these if they may be essential to the
implementation of the above specification, so that notice of them
may be posted to the notice page for this TC's work.

- rcc

Robin Cover
Interim TC Administrator
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html
Tel: +1 972-296-1783

========== Additional references:

[1] OASIS ebXML Messaging Services TC
     http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/

[2] Previous public review (13 August 2010)
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201008/msg00003.html

[3] Diff files

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/part2/201004/csprd02/ebms-v3.
0-part2-csd03-cd01-diff.pdf

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ebxml-msg/ebms/v3.0/part2/201004/csprd02/ebms-v3.
0-part2-csd03-cd01-diff.odt

[4] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

[5] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-msg/ipr.php
     http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php#s10.2.3
       RF on Limited Terms

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
The OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC members have recently
produced an updated Committee Specification Draft (CSD) and
submitted this specification for 30-day public review:

SAML 2.0 Session Token Profile Version 1.0
Committee Specification Draft 01 / Public Review Draft 01

Overview: "Web Servers and Application Servers generally
maintain security state information for currently active users,
particularly once some type of authentication has occurred.
This specification defines a format for communicating such
security session state based on the OASIS SAML Assertion.
It also specifies two different mechanisms for communicating
this information between servers via a standard Web browser."

The OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC [1] was chartered to
to "define, enhance, and maintain a standard XML-based
framework for creating and exchanging authentication and
authorization information.

Inter- and intra-enterprise application architectures require
interoperable security solutions that transcend the boundaries
of single security domains. The interoperable exchange of
security information between domains, including the ability to
federate identities across such domains, is crucial to
developing solutions for business problems such as performing
Web Single Sign-On, utilizing distributed authorization services,
and securing e-business transactions."

Public Review Period:  The public review starts today,
01 April 2011 and ends 01 May 2011.

This is an open invitation to comment. OASIS solicits feedback
from potential users, developers and others, whether OASIS
members or not, for the sake of improving the interoperability
and quality of its technical work.

URIs: The prose specification document and related files are
available here:

Editable Source (Authoritative):
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csp
rd01/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd01.odt
HTML:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csp
rd01/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd01.html
PDF:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csp
rd01/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd01.pdf

ZIP distribution package:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/saml-session-token/v1.0/csp
rd01/saml-session-token-v1.0-csprd01.zip

Additional information about the specification and the
OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC may be found at the
TC's public home page located at:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/form.php?wg_abbrev=security

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/security-services-comment/

All comments submitted to OASIS are subject to the OASIS Feedback
License, which ensures that the feedback you provide carries the same
obligations at least as the obligations of the TC members. In
connection with this public review of 'SAML 2.0 Session Token Profile
Version 1.0', we call your attention to the OASIS IPR Policy [2]
applicable especially [3] to the work of this technical
[...]

[1] OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC
       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/

[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/security/ipr.php
     http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php#s10.2.2
       RF on RAND Mode

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
OASIS Members,

We are pleased to announce the approval of an OASIS Committee
Specification (CS) by the Security Services (SAML) TC Members:

SAML v2.0 Metadata Profile for Algorithm Support Version 1.0
Committee Specification 01

Overview: The SAML V2.0 Metadata specification includes an element
allowing entities to describe the XML Encryption algorithms they
support. This specification defines metadata extension elements
to enable entities to describe the XML Signature algorithms they
support, and a profile for using both elements to enable better
algorithm agility for profiles that rely on metadata.

The OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC was chartered to address
issues and enhancement requests that have arisen from experience
with real-world SAML implementations and with other security
architectures that use SAML. Specifications developed by the
TC members add support for features that were deferred from
previous versions of SAML. TC members are also developing an
approach for unifying various identity federation models found
in real-world SAML implementations and SAML-based security
architectures.

URIs: The prose specification document and related files
at CS level are available here:

Editable source format:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-metadata-algsuppo
rt-v1.0-cs01.odt
HTML format:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-metadata-algsuppo
rt-v1.0-cs01.html
PDF format:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-metadata-algsuppo
rt-v1.0-cs01.pdf
XML Schema:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-metadata-algsuppo
rt-v1.0.xsd
Distribution ZIP file:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/Post2.0/sstc-saml-metadata-algsuppo
rt-v1.0-cs01.zip

Members of the OASIS Security Services (SAML) TC [1] requested
a Special Majority Vote to approve this specification (Public
Review Draft 02) as a Committee Specification. The specification

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201011/msg00009.html
     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201011/msg00010.html

     http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=1999