egov-ms message

Subject: BRUSSELS BREAKFAST SEMINAR - EUROPEAN STANDARDISATION

Hello everyone

Just a brief report to say we had a very successful seminar this morning with officials from the European Commission and European Parliament to discuss the impending draft Standardisation Regulation.   We were able to give them a better understanding of OASIS and how we operate and the value we bring to the world of standardisation.  They in return were able to share with us the likely timetable and procedures for adoption of the new Regulation and the possible opportunities that will bring  to OASIS.  I will keep you informed of further developments and we will be keeping in close contact with the Commission over the coming months as the draft Regulation progresses through its various stages to approval by the Parliament.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS eGOV MS Steering Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745