egov-ms message

Subject: RE: [egov-ms] Future of the eGovernment Member Section (UNCLASSIFIED)

Jerry

It certainly will not be the same old stuff be assured of that.  It's more about the best and easiest way to move things forward.  The Board had a number of concerns about our ideas to disband and start afresh and as I said the agreed solution is to keep what we have but modify it going forward.  So I would expect to see a proposal to re-charter going back the Board from the new Steering Committee at some stage in the near future which would take us down the road that we had talked about, ie Peter's suggestions.  But of course at the end of the day it will depend on what the membership want and are prepared to endorse.  So I will be looking for some very active discussions on this with them and approval by them to any changes to the current charter.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Smith, Gerald L CIV DISA EE
Sent: 09 March 2012 15:07
To: John Borras; egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Scott McGrath; Brown, David P CIV DISA EE

Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

John, et al,

I don't understand what is actually transpiring now and why.

It seems to me that the course that I understood as being pursued was appropriate: to disband the current structure, create a new one with an expanded constituency of actual government representatives, and change the name/focus of the activity as suggested by Peter Brown.

Instead it now appears to be as "same old stuff". Right?

If so, IMHO that will not have much beneficial value added.

R,

Jerry