egov-ms message

Subject: RE: Possible topic for a new Technical Committee on Cloud Regulatory Compliance

Chet

Thanks for raising this very significant opportunity which I think is one we
should grasp.  I'm widening the discussion on this as it overlaps
considerably with our proposed PACR TC and our planning for the ICS 2012
event.

From my reading and interpretation of the ODCA document I see that setting
the high-level generic requirement for Cloud Compliance by all business
sectors and the proposed PACR is the Government profile.  To that end we do
not need two separate TCs, one is a subset of the other.  It may be a very
large task for a single TC to handle all this but avoiding duplication is a
must, and providing a consistent and complimentary set of compliance
requirements for different business sectors should encourage the development
of testing and accreditation services by the private sector.

I would suggest the way forward is as follows:

- we close the PACR Discussion List as this now supersedes those
discussions;
- we look to draft a Charter for a new TC having the objective of
formalising the ODCA spec for all business sectors and initially producing a
Government profile with other business sector profiles to follow;
- we consider which part of OASIS is best for this TC to affiliate to, it
may or may not be the eGov MS;
- we look for the appropriate person to act as convenor to take this
forward, that may or may not be me;
- the ICS 2012 planning committee consider inviting the ODCA to co-sponsor
that event and adjust the whole programme to this alliance.

We need a fairly quick decision on this before we get too much further down
the PACR route, so who is going to make that call?

Regards
John