egov-ms message

Subject: RE: [egov-sc] 14th Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) for e-Government Conference, October 2, 2012

Brand,
This is interesting. However, the invitation states that "This event is free and open to government personnel and contractors" - I'm now a consultant, despite my European Parliament affiliation. It would have been interesting to talk about the relationship between SOA and the OASIS TGF.....

Regards,
Peter

Sent from my phone - Apologies for brevity and typos: it's hard writing on a moving planet

From: Brand Niemann
Sent: 24-Aug-12 5:56
To: egov-sc@lists.oasis-open.org; egov-ms@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: OMG Technical Committee; info-sharing-wg@omg.org; mars@omg.org; gov@omg.org; ief@omg.org; mars@omg.org; informationsharing@omg.org

Register: https://register.mitre.org/soa/

Proceedings: http://semanticommunity.info/Federal_SOA/14th_SOA_for_E-Government_Conference_October_2_2012

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Service-Oriented Architecture for E-Government ConferenceAn invitation to the

14th Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) for e-Government Conference

“Achieving Service Re-use”

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

8am – 4:30pm

MITRE and the Federal Government SOA Community of Practice invite you to attend the upcoming SOA Conference to share best practices and innovations in SOA and Cloud initiatives across government, industry and academia.

Who Should Attend?

The conference is open to federal government employees, members of industry and academia, and MITRE personnel.

Why Attend?

Re-use is commonly viewed as one of the main benefits of using Service-Oriented Architecture. However, many organizations that adopt SOA struggle to establish methods for identifying and provisioning reusable enterprise services.

Hear case studies and interact with speakers and panelists as they describe best practices for service reuse in the federal government. Join the conversation as we explore the concept and benefits of a Service Factory to improve re-use. Learn about the Cloud and its role in Big Data.

Conference Registration and Information

Registration and participation is free. However, space is limited to the first 200 registrants and seats fill up fast.

For more information including registration, agenda and logistics please go to:   https://register.mitre.org/soa/

Conference location:

MITRE’s McLean campus Main Auditorium

7515 Colshire Drive, McLean, VA 22102-7539