egov-ms message

Subject: OASIS : TGF STANDARD BALLOT

Hello everyone

I am writing to give you advance warning of a ballot that will open in the next few days to approve the Transformational Government Framework as an OASIS Standard and I would really appreciate it if you could support us in this effort and either cast your vote or ask your OASIS primary rep to cast their vote in favour of our work please.

I’ve been the chair of the TGF TC since its inception about 18 months ago and we have now produced this new specification to improve the delivery of public services.  The TGF reflects the experience of seasoned practitioners including myself, and lessons learnt, over the last decade of putting public services online and sets out a whole new paradigm of improving the ease with which citizens and businesses can use these services.  It is already being used in different parts of the world and we hope by gaining OASIS Standard approval we can encourage more public administrations to become more effective by using it.

As a member of the e-Government Member Section I trust this work will be of significant interest to you and hopefully will contribute to your efforts in building new eGov services.

Please watch for the ballot announcement and thank you in advance for your support.

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745