egov-registry message

Subject: Re: [egov-registry] eGov regrep

Paul Spencer wrote:

>Maewyn,
>
>One thing we need to do for the registry pilot is to look at how to map the
>metadata that will be stored in the registry. I have looked at what I think
>we need to support, both in the proof of concept and the longer term. The
>attached describes this just for the e-GMS metadata set. Farrukh will then
>look at mapping this to the Registry Information Model.

Hi Paul,

As I understand it the document you posted identifies the subset of
e-GMS data for us to focus on within the POC.
Thanks for getting this step done. The mapping step requires us to
decide between:

a) mapping directly to ebRIM (probably ClassificationScheme) or

b) mapping to CCTS and then using CCRIM to map to ebRIM

As I understand based upon our email discussion, Carl is in favor of
(b), you maybe in favor of (a), I am unsure yet but leaning towards (b)
and we are waiting on Duane to weigh in on the mapping decision.

If we do (a) then I volunteer to map to ebRIM
If we do (b) then I believe Carl has volunteered to do mapping to CCTS.

Can we get closure on the choice between mapping approach (a) and (b) in
this thread?

I can provie a sample direct ebRIM mapping for one term (say Audience)
by tomorrow if it helps people decide between (a) and (b). Carl could
you do same for mapping Audience to CCTS? Does this tactical step make
sense?

Thanks.

--
Regards,