egov-registry message

Subject: RE: [egov-registry] Need for standard URI structure (Was Re: [egov-registry] regrep)

Farrukh,

This is what I have put in the document I am preparing:

====
When mapping to the ebRIM, URIs are used as identifiers in various places.
The two types of URI usually used in such cases are URNs (e.g.
urn:gov:uk:egms:date) and URLs (e.g.
http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/terms/copyrighted). In general, OASIS prefers the
use of the URN.

However, the e-GMS is based on Dublin Core, which uses URLs to specify
metadata names. This is an extract from an email from Maewyn Cumming:

----
We had thought about this for the e-GMS application profile and used the
format http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/terms/accessibility  for each element,
refinement etc. This follows the Dublin Core model, and is what we have put
into the AP (though with the caveat that none of these URLS actually work
yet). I'd like to keep following the same format.
----

In discussion, it was agreed that a refinement would use an additional
oblique, such as http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/terms/date/created.

This is the format to be used for e-GMS metadata but does not constrain the
format for other types of metadata.
====

I think this closes this topic.

Regards

Paul

d.php/7257/SubmitObjectsRequest_eGMS1.xml