egov-registry message

Subject: Your Technical Note

Carl,

Could I make a few more comments about your document:

1. You have a set of bullet points at the end of the section "Schema
Component Definitions". I think another is needed for "discovery".

2. The section Schema XML Component Name is more about use of the registry
than the development itself. UK Government has not adopted ISO 11179, so I
wonder whether this section is needed.

3. Similarly the next two sections "XML Component Names" and "Use of
Namespaces and Qualifiers".

4. The section "Version Management of Schema Element" is taken from the UK
Schema Guidelines. We are currently adopting a three level (n.n.n)
versioning system.

I am ready to release a document that is pulling all the current work
together. Unless you are likely to publish a new version of the Tech Note
very soon, I will publish anyway - I expect the document to change very
frequently anyway at the moment. Let me know which is best.

Regards

Paul Spencer
Director
Boynings Consulting Ltd