egov-services message

Subject: Re: [egov-services] FW: EGov services sub-committee charter as ofFebruary 10, 2003

Diane
Sorry it's a bit late, but I will be able to join in a teleconference today.
John

"Lewis, Diane" <Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov>

10/02/2003 13:49

        To:        "'egov-services@lists.oasis-open.org'" <egov-services@lists.oasis-open.org>
        cc:

-----Original Message-----
From:                  Lewis, Diane
Sent:                 Monday, February 10, 2003 8:36 AM
To:                 'egov-services@lists.oasis-open.org'

Colleagues..

EGov services sub-committee charter as of February 10, 2003 follows.

Please review and suggest revisions.  I propose that we conduct a telephone conference  on Monday February 17th at 9am eastern standard time.  Thanks to one of our members we will be able to complete our task through telephone conversation.
agenda for phone conference:
--finalize charter
--decide deliverable formats and procedures for document review
--list sources to be used in developing deliverables

Please let me know if you will be able to participate in the phone conference on the 17th.  If most members are unable to participate, I will suggest another day and time for the telephone conference.

I will forward the phone information as soon as we confirm a day/time.

Meanwhile please continue our list dialogue.... Thank you!  diane

Purpose choice one:
The purpose of the eGov Services subcommittee is to identify and map existing government services functions and data with technical standards from an integrated service delivery perspective.  The resulting mappings will show the information or services integrated according to function or topic, in addition to agency jurisdiction.

Purpose choice two:
The purpose of the eGov Services subcommittee is to identify domains of governmental activity and their associated vocabulary and transform that vocabulary into a data specification that will allow governmental organizations to share information within a single, national, jurisdiction and where the political will exists, allow national authorities to share that same information among nations and states.

Goals:  (what do we want to accomplish?)
>Identify common needs regarding standardization of information objectives and data elements within the public domain

>Formulate a common methodology to survey public service forms, documents and processes (data needs) and identify corresponding public domain standards

>Formulate a common methodology for defining common standards for public domain data
>Achieve a minimum level of consensus on priorities in order to coordinate work done in many different organizations in order to share knowledge as well as achievements (data definitions).

Goals:  choice two:

>identify common needs regarding standardization of information objects and data elements

>formulate a common methodology regarding analysis of form, documents and processes (data needs)

--formulate a common methodology for defining priorities

> Achieve a minimum level of consensus on priorities in order to coordinate work done in many different organizations in order to share knowledge as well as achievements (data definitions)

List of Deliverables:  (purpose and content of each identified deliverable)

>List of public domain registries  Purpose: facilitate adoption of XML-based technologies and standards by Governments  (yellow/white pages concept)

>Proposed Specification on public domain semantic consistency where the Government to Citizen services in the vertical public domain is consistent with the horizontal public domain.   For example: public health - FDA  <illness prevention>  public health -National Security <anthrax vaccination>

> Matrix that maps identified Citizen types or experiences to Government Service Channels to Government Functions/Agencies/Implementations         for example:  Citizen-Voter, Citizen-immigrant, Citizen-Veteran, Citizen-TaxPayer, Citizen-Postal Service

PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED FROM THE INTERNET.

On entering the GSI, this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSI) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Cable & Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs.

GSI users see http://www.gsi.gov.uk/main/new2002notices.htm for further details. In case of problems, please call your organisational IT helpdesk.