egov-services message

Subject: [egov-services] OASIS e-Gov Services updating subcommittee rosterunderstanding your scope of participation

Greetings!
thanks for signing up to participate in the OASIS eGov Services subcommittee...

i need to confirm directly with you the following administrative information.   please send me a response to each inquiry below before March 11th.

Through OASIS sometime in March/April timeframe we will have access to web-based capability that will support our subcommittee's activities ... as Chair i have been given a preview of those capabilities... and i believe such support will expedite our work..

Looking forward to seeing you all at the March 12th meeting or at least hearing your voices over the wire.  I realize that some of you have another meeting conflict that week.   just let me know about that so i can make a notation on the roll call...  keep reading the list for further info.   Also if you have colleagues or know of other eligible persons who might be interested in contributing to our forums and work activities, please let me know.     thanks diane

1. you are an "Eligible Person" to be a member of this OASIS eGov Services subcommittee?

which according to OASIS guidelines....  means one of a class of individuals that includes persons
                         holding individual memberships in the corporation, employees of organizational
                         members of the corporation, members of organizations to which OASIS has
                         extended the benefits of joint membership, and such other persons as may be
                         designated by the board of directors.

2. your scope of  participation in the eGov services subcommittee forums:  are you an observer or voting member?
which according to OASIS guidelines....  means
An Eligible Person shall become a prospective member of an existing TC by sending by mail
                    notice of intention to participate to the chair of the TC, who shall notify the TC of this
                    request. Prospective membership shall begin seven days after this notice is received. A
                    prospective member may attend face-to-face meetings as an observer. A prospective
                    member may attend phone meetings as an observer at the discretion of the chair.

                    A prospective member of a TC shall become a voting member of the TC immediately
                    following the close of the third TC meeting held during the period of prospective membership
                    or after 60 days have elapsed following formal application to join the TC, whichever comes
                    first.

                    The transference of an individual OASIS membership shall not automatically confer TC
                    membership upon the transferee.

                    Persons who lose Eligible Person status for reasons including, but not limited to, change of
                    employment, shall have a further 15 days of TC membership in which to request a leave of
                    absence or re-establish eligibility.

3. Our fellow subcommittee member Tom Tuduc volunteered to be the sub-committee's secretary...
Tom, please confirm your desire to take on this role on behalf of the eGov Services subcommittee... thanks very much!
To All, any other volunteers to take on administrative related activities in support of our work?  Suggestions related to subcommittee administration... all ideas, suggestions welcome...