egov-services message

Subject: Back in Action! eGov Service SC

Greetings!
It's been a while since we have had contact.  I would like to restart the work we were engaged in earlier this year.

Proposed steps to re-launching the Services Subcommittee work..

1. Schedule a conference call prior to the eGov TC meeting scheduled for July 23rd.

	Proposed day/time for conference call is :  Monday July 21st 9:30am EST
(specific dial-up info to follow)

2. The agenda for the conference call will be to:
a) review charter  (refocus our efforts)
b) review work product to date
c) Step back and take a less detailed approach to defining government services..

I suggest we review the list of services several governments have identified and validate them against e-service features defined by the private sector:

1. fulfillment - eservices composed to achieve a specific objective  tied together at site to fulfil the customer's need, request

2. integration - e services seamlessly integrated with service applciations to make customer experiences simple convenient. possible to transmit from one applciation to another or from an application to a service by simply clicking a mouse

3. interaction - each e-service interacts with others to fulfill customer need, request ex: rate quote services interact with transit time determination to provide accurate rate information

4. Customization Citizens can tailor their account to fit their preferences and needs so that the site recalls and updates common routines automatically refreshes information proactively remembers citizen's routine activities (privacy issues?)

5. Self-service = allow citizens to review accounts, monitor transactions, edit profiles, schedule pick-ups, adjust--, return-- and so forth as computer-mediates rather than interpersonal transactions

6. Search engine = knowledge-base search engine provides multiple search methods such as FAQ, full-text case-based, reasoning decisions trees; category searches

d) we will "look inward" to OASIS TCs for existing "government service" template models to produce final Services matrix to hand off to our colleagues.
 Example: The worksheets are published in the document called Business Process Analysis Worksheets and Guidelines. UN/CEFACT and OASIS have the copyright dated 2001 for this publication.

I will be working on a draft matrix and would welcome input via email.

Thank you for considering this request for your time and energy in the coming months to complete this important work.     Diane