egov-websrv message

Subject: Interoperable Services SC Charter Update

Attached is an updated version of the Interoperable Services SC charter.
This version incorporates: (a) renaming of the SC from "ebXML/Web Services"
to "Interoperable Services", (b) rewording of the first deliverable per an
action item that Graham Beaver accepted during our last telecon on March
18, and (c) a minor revision to the wording in the scope/purpose section
per feedback provided at the March 12 SC meeting.  Please let me know
within the next few days if you have any issues or concerns with this
version of the charter.  Barring any major concerns, I plan to schedule an
SC vote by the end of next week to ratify the charter.

Graham Beaver has volunteered to lead development of the first deliverable
(ebXML extensions for government) , and already has a rough outline for the
whitepaper.  But help is needed and welcome - please contact Graham
directly (graham.beaver@hp.com) to collaborate and contribute to this
important initiative.  We are planning to present at least a preliminary
draft of the whitepaper at the next TC meeting in London on May 8.

Regards,

David Layton
GSA, Office of E-Government & Technology
E-Government Strategy Division
Phone: 202-219-0815

(See attached file: Interoperable Services SC Charter. 4-3-03, OO Ver.org)
(See attached file: Interoperable Services SC Charter. 4-3-03, MS Word
Ver.doc)