egov-websrv message

Subject: [egov] eGov 4/25/2003: Upcoming XML Europe and ebXML InteroperabilityUPDATED

Everyone, I have also received another important addendum on the OASIS
Reception and added to this email (so you may disregard first
transmission).

Thank you.
Monica

Monica J. Martin wrote:

>  Everyone,
> In Thursday's eGov Interoperability Services TC, we discussed the
> upcoming XML Europe event, as well as the ebXML Showcase.  David
> Layton asked that I post this to the eGov TC at large as well as
> highlight some of the interoperability sessions in the ebXML
> Showcase.  I've included a portion of the the initial press release
> and provided some additional details at the end on the
> interoperability sessions.

> UN/CEFACT and OASIS will host the ebXML Showcase in London, 5-6 May
> 2003. Highlighting the growing use of Electronic Business XML (ebXML)
> in a range of industries as well as ebXML's role in Web services, the
> two-day event will be held in conjunction with IDEAlliance's XML
> Europe 2003 conference.
>
> The ebXML Showcase is designed for developers and business managers
> worldwide with an interest in ebXML's modular suite of specifications
> for conducting business over the Internet. The event will feature
> answers to real-life questions of adopting the UN/CEFACT and OASIS
> ebXML standards for exchanging business messages, establishing trading
> relationships, communicating data in common terms and defining and
> registering business processes. Attendees will also hear about the
> business benefits of managing electronic commerce through ebXML from
> existing ebXML end users and software suppliers.
>
> Keynote presentations from Paul Murphy of the European Commission,
> Patrick Gannon, president and CEO of OASIS, and Ray Walker, chair of
> the UN/CEFACT Steering Group, will be featured at the ebXML Showcase.
> The program will also include updates from ebXML users in the
> telecommunications, law-enforcement, shipping, publishing,
> manufacturing, and e-commerce industries. Representatives of the
> United Nations, Fujitsu, NIST, SeeBeyond, Sun Microsystems, and others
> will present.
>
> The full text of the release is at
> http://www.ebxml.org/news/pr_20030327.htm .The page with the ebXML
> program is found at http://www.xmleurope.com/2003/ebxmlconference.asp .
>
> From Alan Kotok
> Editor, < E-Business*Standards*Today />
> http://www.disa.org/dailywire/
> Data Interchange Standards Association
> akotok@disa.org
> +1 703-518-4174

Following the first day of the ebXML Showcase, OASIS will host a special
Members Reception. This is a great opportunity to learn about the latest
accomplishments from OASIS management and voice your perspective to
members of the OASIS Board of Directors. The reception begins at 6:00PM
at the Hilton London Metropole. Members are asked to RSVP--whether or
not you are able to attend--at
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/ballot.php?id=72.
Prospective members are also invited and should contact Scott McGrath,
scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org.