egov-websrv message

Subject: RE: [egov-websrv] Agenda for May 6 SC Meeting

Some points for discussing the item #2 in the agenda of todays meeting (see the agenda, sent by David, below):

As some earlier e-mails from Jon and John have indicated, the first deliverable of UBL liaison is to provide a review of UBL libraries from the government e-procurement point of view.

The review team
The review team will consist of procurement business domain experts. At the moment we have identified
       - Tim Benson from UK  (tim.benson@abies.co.uk)
       - Arthur Brunson (GSA)(arthur.brunson@gsa.gov)
       - One person from the Ministry of Finance in Finland and an other from Hansel. Hansel is the former government procurement office that is now privatized.( http://www.hansel.fi/en/ajankohtaista2.asp?ID=25 )
       - Palle Aagaard ( or maybe some others from Denmark, needs still to be confirmed )
       - Zheng Liang, Canada (proposed by John Borras, have not got an answer yet)
       - Hagen, Bremen, Germany (proposed by John Borras, have not got an answer yet)
I will do the follow-up with individual participants.

Timeline
The next UBL version is out (probably the week of 19 May or 26 May) and the review-period is ending the week of 30 June.
As a eGov liaison to UBL, I will collect the reviews and then convey the input from the review team(s) to UBL.

Modus operandi
What is the modus operandi for the review (e.g., how will it actually work?  what are the logistics?)
    - The preferable mode of communication is e-mail + 2-3 conference calls
    - I guess the domain experts in each country would like to spend first some days with the material and use e-mail to discuss the best possible approach.
    - I will try to collect the opinions, work as a facilitator and provide proposals for agenda and workflow. I am familiar with the earlier version of the UBL-libraries, I know the methodology and have followed the discussion-list, so I can propably find answers to the methodological questions
    - Finally we will collect a review-document. The first version should be ready June 15th. Here as well I will be the facilitator resource and pick up the comments from e-mails and compile a review-document out of those.

How does this sound?

--Jouko