Subject: [egov] [Q] ebXML/Web Services sub-committee

John,

I am confused about the work break down for the sub-committees:
	1. Who would handle marketing questions?
	2. Who would handle outreach questions?
 	3. Are there any provisions to insure that SME concerns are addressed?
	4. How are regional issues identified and addressed?
	5. Who would handle questions of building an e-Gov Ontology?
	6. How will existing XML vocabularies be identified for consideration?
	7. Who would build reference implementations?
	8. Would there be any sub-committee concerned with acquiring founds or
teaming with other organizations to build reference implementations?

IMHO, ebXML has the potential to provide tremendous benefits for Gov
organizations and their constituents. But, ebXML has suffered from a “If you
build it they will come” mentality. My most fundamental question is will
this effort engage Gov representatives and how?  Is this just another
standards effort or an technology advocacy effort? Can there be a
combination of both standards identification and technology advocacy?

I apologize if I my questions are redundant.  But I can’t show my clients
these documents and make the case there will be anything but potential
long-term benefits. My clients need results in the short-term.  They need
quick wins to build momentum.