Subject: RE: [egov] OASIS e-GOVERNMENT TC Briefing proposal: SecurE-Biz.net,April 1-2, Pentagon Hilton.

John,

As OASIS is co-sponsoring this years SecurE-Biz Summit (co-hosted by the ICH and the Federal CIO Council), I would like to offer that we use this summit as another opportunity to advance the OASIS e-Gov TC efforts.   Below is an overview of the program along with a list of program committee members.   This program was created as a public/private partnership to share best practices and lessons learned amoung our government and industry leaders.   On average, SecurE-Biz hosts on average over 600 very senior executives, and has over 60 speakers.  Web site is www.SecurE-Biz.net, where one can find past programs and participation options (speaking, sponsorship, attendance).

As we discussed before, we would also like to have you on the program committee to help identify best practices and participate in the SecurE-Biz Leadership awards.  Attached is a data sheet that can be posted.  Government discounts are available for all OASIS members until Feb. 15th.

George Puddington, the ICHnet.org CTO, is our OASIS liaison, and will be coordinating all e-Gov architecture activities.  He can be reached at George@ICHnet.org.  He is also our liaison to other government/industry e-Gov initiatives. For free white papers, visit www.ICHnet.org.

Please forward this call for participation to others who might benefit from the joint government/industry executive summit.

Regards,

john

RE: Spring '03 SecurE-Biz Executive Summit
April 1-2, '03, Pentagon Hilton, Arlington, VA
703-768-0400

The fifth annual SecurE-Biz Summit (www.SecurE-Biz.net) Advisory Board invites you to participate in the Spring 03 program with paper submissions, speaker suggestions, sponsorships, and standards updates. SecurE-Biz provides an interactive forum in which best practices and lessons learned are shared among CxOs (CIOs, CFOs, CTOs, CEOs, CAOs, CSOs) in government and industry

"We see the conference as a catalyst promoting the sharing of 'lessons learned' achieving future cost savings and efficiencies within the federal IT community,"  states Lee Holcom, former chair of the Federal CIO Council, Architecture and Infrastructure Committee.

The theme for the '03 SecurE-Biz Summit is; Solution Architectures for E-Gov and Homeland Security.

Based on a successful formula successfully executed, SecurE-Biz will run in parallel, two interactive tracks (one for CxOs, the other for architects and system designers) which will tentatively cover the following topic areas;

1) CxO Strategies Track:

2) Applied Architectures Track:

Also announcing: 2nd annual SecurE-Biz Thought Leadership Awards:

Building on this years kick-off of the SecurE-Biz Awards program (led by Debra Stouffer, EPA's CTO) Dave McClure will be coordinating next years program recognizing our government and industry thought leaders.

"The words I repeatedly hear are ‘substantive, meaningful, useful, thoughtful and professional.’ You guys really put together a first rate conference that (unlike many other conferences in this town) actually tries to identify and solve some very difficult problems. You should all be proud of your significant contributions to the future of the Department!" stated the 2001 DoD Deputy CIO with regard to the past success of the SecurE-Biz conference series.

So please join our Advisory Board and help us make your Spring 03 Program another memorable learning experience. Visit http://www.SecurE-Biz.net

'03 SecurE-Biz Advisory Board:

* Program Chairs

Ed Cannon, CIO Grey Global, and former SIM Information Civil Defense Task Force Chair, states, "The Secure E-Business Summit will be an excellent opportunity for IT leaders to understand the critical success factors for conducting e-business securely. I encourage others to participate in this and other worthwhile ICHnet.org collaborative efforts."

The Advisory Board invites our alumni sponsors to join us again in helping make the '03 Srping SecurE-Biz Summit another invaluable educational experience:

AOL Time Warner, Arcot Systems, AT&T, BEA Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton, Center for Internet Security, CCIA, CIO Magazine/CXO media, Cisco Systems, Community Management Staff CIO, Commerce One, Computer Associates, Computerworld, Council for Excellence in Government, CSC, Defense E-Business Program Office, EDS, Entrust Technologies, ePresence, Eruces, Federal Computer Week, Federal CIO Council, Financial Services Technology Consortium, Government Computer News, Government Services Administration, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Identix, IEEE, InformationWeek, IONA Technologies, I-Planet, KPMG Consulting, Level 8/TSGS, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Loudcloud, Mercator Software, Microsoft, National Information Assurance Partnership, National Imagery & Mapping Agency, Novell, OASIS, OBJECTive Technology Group, Object Management Group, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Open Applications Group, Optimize, Oracle, Persistence Software, Post Newsweek, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, RSA Security, SAP, Secure Computing, Society of Information Management, Silverstream Software, Sun Microsystems, Symantec, Telcordia Technologies, The OTG, TIBCO, Tivoli Systems, Unisys, Verisign, Versata, Vitria Technologies, Dept. of Veterans Affairs, WebMethods.

"Please join us in supporting the Secure E-Business Executive Summit so we may all better learn how to transform our business processes into secure E-Business Solutions!" stated Art Money, DoD CIO & Assistant Secretary of Defense for C3I with regard to the 2000 SecurE-Biz summit.

For sponsorship package, email eugene@ICHnet.org <mailto:eugene@ICHnet.org>

For more information and securing your spot in our 2003, please visit to www.SecurE-Biz.net or call us at (703)768-0400 info@secure-biz.net.

About ICH: ICHnet.org is a public/private partnership established to advance the practice of architectures and interoperability. ICH provides members of the IT value chain with formal mechanisms to effect the mapping of common business frameworks to solution architectures in a timely and cost effective manner. White Papers and GSA Schedule can be found at www.ICHnet.org. Or call us, 703-768-0400. Or just send me a note at john@ICHnet.org