Subject: Re: [egov] Re: [skewed] RE: Starting Discussion to Get Your Advice andHelp wi th E-Forms for E-Gov

Todd,

Your list below had me chuckling here in my beer.   Of course this
list illustrates the fact that some are well defined - and others
are distinctly context and speaker dependent!  One
mans counterterrorism is another mans police state.

It brings us to the bigger point.  I read Paul Spensers note
on trying to think of new names that are not used elsewhere.
heck and gosh Ollie - that's a damn fine mess and one
that people have been repeating everywhere.

The approach we're building in OASIS CAM is the
opposite.  Please, please use your own word for
it - and do not worry about other people!

Once you come down to the context and assembly
and business rules - that is where you assign a
unique domain and UID to these atomic pieces so
it is clear how and why you are using your semantics.

Then if you need to - you can crosswalk to other
peoples usage via UID references.  Afterall - this is
how you do multi-lingual translation within a domain
to target local language.

Anyway - more on that later.  What this tells us is that
we do have technology pieces that solve
implementation needs - but its much more
important to identify those functional requirements
first - and document those 'atoms'.   That is the
work I was referring to - that has made solid progress
here in the Wash DC area especially over the last
few months - and of course this is built on top of
work from the last 5 years with XML/edi, ebXML, UBL
and more.

Thanks, DW,
Message text written by Todd Harbour
>I believe first and foremost
that our focus must be on establishing vocabulary that is inherently
governmental in nature. Some good examples of these area could include the
following:

1. Nonproliferation
2. Confidence Building
3. Sanctions