Subject: RE: [egov] OASIS e-GOV TC MEETING 12 MARCH

Title: Message
John,

Is there any possilbilty of running the meeting as a videoconference, i.e. 2 face to face meetings linked by videoconference, plus teleconference? This would need member organizations to provide facilities each end, of course.

Regards,

Ann W.
-----Original Message-----
From: John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk [mailto:John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk]
Sent: 13 February 2003 09:32
To: egov@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [egov] OASIS e-GOV TC MEETING 12 MARCH

Dear All

We have set the date of the next TC meeting as 12 March in Washington DC.   Thanks to Diane we have meeting rooms available to us at the
Department of Justice, 950 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC.    Teleconference facilities will be provided.   The provisional agenda for the day is to hold a full TC meeting from 9.00 - 12.00 and then meetings of the sub-committees in the afternoon.

Having said that I want to canvass your opinions about holding the meeting given the uncertainty in the Middle East.
- If a war with Iraq has started by the 12 March then I would suggest that we cancel the face-to-face meeting.  I for one would not be comfortable with travelling in those circumstances.   Views?
- If the war hasn't started then would you still be willing to travel?   There's a great deal of uncertainty around and here in London we have Heathrow airport surrounded by troops and police because of terrorists' threats.  So even today travelling is a bit daunting.  Views?

I'd like to make a decision on this by the end of next week if possible as we need to make bookings for planes and hotels if we are going ahead with the meeting.  So if you can let me have your views in the next few days that would be appreciated please.

I don't want this current situation to stop our work and if we don't hold the face-to-face meeting then it might be worth trying a teleconference, although with the numbers involved that could be difficult to manage.   Again suggestions on this would be appreciated please.

Regards,
John