Subject: RE: [egov] Tactics on data alignment / standardization

Message text written by "Diane.Lewis@usdoj.gov"

Just started reading the Howard Smith and Peter Fingar
critical analysis of Nicholas Carr's IT Article in
the Harvard Business Review..
titled "IT Doesn't Matter Business Processes Do".
The concept of "core and context" is intriguing.

more soon diane

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Diane,

Do you have a link for this possibly?

I know Peter and Howard have been following the work
we've been doing over in the BCM team - and the notion of
"putting business first" resonates with them.

I'd be interested to know how close the Appendix B - Executive Introduction
available here is:

 http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bcm/download.php/3169/BCM.AppendixB.LinkingSwitching.2003-08-07.pdf

to what Peter and Howard are envisioning.

Cheers, DW.