Subject: Your contribution to OASIS e-gov TC: XML.org Focus Area on eGovernment

John Borras, the e-gov TC chair, has asked me to serve as the first e-gov focus area editor.  I welcome the opportunity to work with all e-gov TC members to craft meaningful content and presentations to support governments in their efforts to define and use XML-based standards.

Below, I repeat Mr. Borras' statement of purpose for the e-gov focus area site as guidance to us all as we join together in populating the seven main sections of the e-gov focus area.
The seven sections ( topical headings) are:
1. home page ( points of entry, acknowledgments, definition)
2. news  (links to news stories, press releases related to guidance below)
3. Standards, specifications, and initiatives (25 word description, link)
4. Players (who is involved in this focus area, description, products)
5. event calendar ( conferences, seminars, other events)
6. resources (links to related materials white papers, book reviews, related web sites)
7. sponsors (contact information)

Guidance:
The XML.org Focus Area on e-Government serves as a central clearinghouse
for information on XML and related standards for the public sector. This
resource is provided by OASIS <link> with editorial management from
members of the OASIS e-Government Technical Committee <link>, an open
forum where Governments internationally voice their needs and
requirements for XML-based standards.

I would like to launch the e-gov focus area no later than the week of Jan 5, 2004. I think a great way to start the new year.

Please send to me (Diane Lewis) and/or the e-gov list any focus area content you would like to contribute.  Please designate one of the seven sections for each "chunk" of content you wish to place on the e-gov Focus area.

Anyone interested in forming an e-gov focus area editorial staff that will join me in the launch and maintenance of this new e-gov portal, please contact me or John Borras.    your support would be most welcomed.  thanks!   diane