Subject: Re: [P0407][egov] OASIS E-GOV TC : AMSTERDAM SCHEDULE

Peter

Our meetings are not part of the conference and therefore people attending will not be required to pay the conference entrance fees.

Happy to change the time of your workshop to 11.00 - 12.30, just means we have less time to do the business.   Also we only have the free accommodation for the duration of the conference so we can't guarantee a meeting room after lunch.   Also remember we are scheduled to meet Max after lunch re MiREG.

John

"Peter F Brown" <peter@justbrown.net>

30/03/2004 12:37

<John.Borras@e-Envoy.gsi.gov.uk>, <egov@lists.oasis-open.org>
cc
<colette.coles@e-envoy.gsi.gov.uk>, <jane.harnad@oasis-open.org>
Subject
[P0407][egov] OASIS E-GOV TC : AMSTERDAM SCHEDULE

John:
Looks good. Just a couple of questions:

- Will registration at XML Europe be necessary for anyone wanting to participate in these meetings/workshops? I know some people who might (ought to) come, but may not be able to attend and pay for whole conference.

- For the Semantic Interoperability slot on Wednesday morning, I’d be happy to act as facilitator as we have already discussed and I’ll launch a thread on the TC list in the coming days to outline possible issues and questions that we want to address. I would ask that we announce the timing of this session as 11.00 to 13.00: I’m chairing a Conference session until 10.30. Also feel a bit squeezed from the other end: the closing keynote of the conference is scheduled at 12.30 and many might feel (reasonably) that they ought to be there for the end. We could maybe “play it by ear”, and interrupt at 12.30 and continue more informally over lunch perhaps…

- That said, I’ve kept Wednesday afternoon free for this sort of stuff: would there be any demand for, or possibility of, holding this session (or indeed any others) in the afternoon? Or indeed a more general “round up and conclusions” session, given that the outputs might give rise to further TC work and some may want to elaborate ideas further F2F given the opportunity.

Regards,
Peter