Subject: RE: XML for Air Traffic Control (ATC)

Hi!
your inquiry prompted me to research the topic and here is what i found.(see below links).  XML for ATC seems to be a work in progress.. and very exciting work indeed.

I am copying the OASIS e-gov technical committee along with Mr. Owen Ambur from xml.gov here in the U.S.   These folks may be able to provide you with additional XML ATC related contacts.

good luck with your work... seems to be  an exciting operational environment to apply XML technologies.  lots of critical information/data to be captured, transmitted and reused in a time sensitive environment.   diane

http://www.auldenfire.com/news/NIAC_Presentation2002FEB.pdf

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/ebusiness/jstart/casestudies/faa.shtml

http://www.webxsystems.com/Aerospace.htm

http://www.infoloom.com/gcaconfs/WEB/chicago98/biezunski.HTM

http://www.openatc.org/xanthane/

-----Original Message-----
From: kwhite@cssiinc.com [mailto:kwhite@cssiinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 12:38 PM
To: Lewis, Diane
Cc: michael.pleva@navy.mil
Subject: XML for Air Traffic Control (ATC)

Dear Ms. Lewis,

  We were searching the web looking for resources and information pertaining
to uses of XML for ATC.  We were wondering if you had any specific
references to projects that may have used XML for information exchange in
ATC applications?

  Thank you for whatever assistance you can provide.

...Kendall

--

Kendall L. White

Sr. Systems Architect