Subject: egov-registry SC update (Was: [egov] Groups - eGov TC TelephoneConference Call added)

Apologies for missing the meeting. I seem to have messed up in my TZ
conversion somehow.

Here is a quick update on the registry project. Paul and other SC
members please add anything I may have missed or post any corrections.

An SC named egov-registry has been created complete with a mailing list
(thanks OASIS). Please join if you would like to be observers or
participants. We have not yet decided on a meeting schedule and
communication is via email.

A draft document titled:  *Guidelines for e-Government Service use of
ebXML Registry / Repository*
has been submitted by Carl and under review. Paul has sent an updated
version with comments.

Progress on the UK Office of e-Envoy pilot has been  stymied because we
do not yet have a machine setup for project team members to install
registry software and move to next steps. We expect progress next week
on that front. I have asked John to see if he can get someone from
e-Envoy to take ownership of getting the machine setup (even if it
involves relying on Sun people) as it is difficult for me to coordinate
that task remotely.

Implementation of ebXML Registry version 3 is progressing well in the
freebXML Registry project. This is the registry that will be deployed
once the machine is available.

Please let me know if anyone has any specific questions.

--
Regards,
Farrukh