Subject: RE: [egov] Representing polyhierarchical taxonomies in XML

Ann,

It's a thought, and one I'll bear in mind while I wait to hear if others
have a view. I know you were looking at DAML+OIL a while back. Is there a
reason you don't think that this is the best tool for the task? It is aimed
specifically at representing taxonomies.

I'll disagree with you about navigating the XML (but then I would, wouldn't
I?). I do it with stylesheets all the time for things like creating
documentation out of schema(s|ta) and XMI. Whether or not it was the
original intention, XPath does it pretty well.

Regards

Paul

nly%20frui
t%202002-12-19.doc