Subject: Taxonomies (controlled vocabularies) for government use

The danish e-Government intend to create different kinds of shared business vocabularies (taxonomies) and establish a semantic basis for information interoperability in the public sector.

In the future we will also work on increasing the types of artifacts in our Infostructurebase, e.g. different kinds of documents dealing with Enterprise Architecture Strategy, Enterprise Business Architecure, Enterprise Information Architecture, Enterprise Solution Architecture and Enterprise Technical Architecture.

The Infostructurebase <http://isb.oio.dk/info> is a part of the danish e-Government project and a strategic element in the architecture for e-Government. At the moment the repository contains business process descriptions, datamodel descriptions, interface descriptions, complex XML schemes and sheme fragments.

Regarding this work I am very interested in diffenrent kinds of taxonomies, controlled vocabularies etc. for government use who is created already.

Below I have listes some taxonomies (controlled vocabularies) etc. I already know about.

Do you know other taxonomies for government use in this areas or standardization then please write me an email. Afterwards I will send you all a complete list.

Subject Taxonomy (area of reference of DC-Subject):

- The danish OIO Subject Sheme
- GCL (Government Category List)
- EUROVOC Thesaurus
- The Australian Governments Interactive Functions Thesaurus (AGIFT)

and the not quite similar Reference Models from US (FEAPMO) and Canada (GSRM).

Ressource Type Taxonomy (area of reference of DC-Type):

- e-GMS TYPE Encoding Scheme
- AGLS Type – document type (Document Type Controlled Vocabulary)
- AGLS Type – service type (Document Type Controlled Vocabulary)
- DCMI (Dublin Core) Type Vocabulary

Target Audience Taxonomy (area of reference of DC-Audience):

- e-GMS Audience Encoding Scheme (eGMSAES)
- GLS Audience (Audience Controlled Vocabulary)

Project Type Taxonomy:
I don't know any but I hope to find a taxonomy to locate high-level methodology assets (such as overviews and planning materials) that support specific types of projects - e.g.:

Business Integration
Customer Relationship Management
Performance Management
Human Performance
Supply Chain Management
Operations Management
Technology Management

Project Phase Taxonomy:
I don't know any but I hope to find a taxonomy to define where in the overall project phase that a given artifact belongs - e.g.:

Analysis
Design
Development
Deployment
Management/Operations

Role Type Taxonomy:
I don't know any but I hope to find a taxonomy to define the role a artifact was designed for - e.g.:

Business Process Designer
Project Manager
Technology Architecture
Human Performance Designer
Operations Manager

Security Taxonomy:
I don't know any but I hope to find a taxonomies for roles and documents.

Regards
Bjarne

Bjarne Mollwitz Heltved
Information Architect