Subject: Re: [egov] ebXML, Hutchinson Holdings, Terror Threats andContainer Shipment Tracking

Joe,

I don't think Patrick realizes how this stuff works in government ; -)

Sure the FEA has the role he mentioned - but just because something is
in the FEA does not mean its a mandated edict - its more a Smorgesborg
of guidelines and best practices to be selected from as needed.

Yes - its nice that ebXML is in there - but that does mean to say that
everything each agency is doing has to use it - just that they can if they
want to.

You can be sure they are also doing things where its probably very
smart for them to use ebXML - but they are not!

Education as always is the tough part.

Mentioning which BTW (you knew I could work something into this)
Patrick has helped me on a paper detailing approaches to using
ebXML and the Benefits - which people will doubtless find
instructive:

 http://ebxmlbook.com/Benefits of ebXML.pdf

Enjoy, DW