Subject: RE: [egov] Re: Central Address Database

Hi Thomas,

xAL specification from OASIS CIQ can play a key role in servicing
this common address database that can then be used to
service different addressing requirements by applications.
CIQ's xAL captures multiple addresses, history, change of address,
elementising addresses to validate it, etc.

We are working on the V3.0 of the specs. that is much
simpler than V2.0, but maintains the objective of the CIQ TC
in terms of supporting global addresses (240+ countries), and
be application independent. We have just completed mapping all
international address examples provided by the Universal Postal
Union (UPU) into xAL.

Regards,

Ram, Chair, OASIS CIQ TC

Ram Kumar