Subject: Call for chair election

     Per my prior message [1], I am conducting an election of a new
chairperson for this Techincal Committee.   We have received one
nomination, of Harm Jan van Burg, who is eligible and has indicated that he
is willing to serve.  Under the relevant OASIS TC Process rules [2], the TC
must elect its chair by a majority of voting members voting in favor of a
candidate.   Having received no objections to the proposed ballot
procedure, I am opening a ballot using the TC's web-based balloting system
[3], and each current voting member of the TC will receive a further notice
regarding completing the ballot.  The ballot opens today, 16 May 2005 and
will close on 23 May 2005.
     I have updated the TC roster to correctly reflect the current voting
membership of the TC, using the TC's membership records and minutes.  See
my separate message regarding the roster update.
     Thank you for your participation.  JBC

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/egov/200505/msg00000.html
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#2.7
[3] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/egov/ballots.php