Subject: RE: [egov] Possible event tie-ins for TC meetings

Hello,

Attached is the (first version of a) flyer about the OASIS Forum in the fall
in London. It is on a Monday, allowing people to fly in during the weekend.
The flyer also includes a reference to the event we are co-locating with:
URL http://www.eworld-government.com/
Note that this event is two days, but has the same program on both days. So
there are a number of options depending on whether people want to attend any
or all of the OASIS Forum, this event and the eGov TC meeting, and on
whether the TC meeting would be a single day or two days.

Kind regards,

Pim van der Eijk

P.S. about the July event in Oxford, I think it was you who mentioned during
the call that October would be a bit early for a TC meeting, I guess that
argument applies even more to a July meeting date?

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter F Brown [mailto:peter@justbrown.net]
Sent: 23 May 2005 16:50
To: egov@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [egov] Possible event tie-ins for TC meetings

All:

First, congratulations again to Harm upon his election: let's hope that we
can build some momentum around some concrete project work in the coming
months!

Two points:

1 F2F Meeting opportunities

Following up from our discussion on call today, I would like to point out
another interesting event: the XML Summer School being held in Oxford, UK at
end of July (and supported by OASIS) will be holding an "eGovernment Day" as
part of their programme (see www.xmlsummerschool.com).

The eGovernment Day will already be supported by the "eGovernment Focus
Group" of the European standards agency, CEN, that I chair, and one idea
would be to put the event also under an OASIS eGov TC banner, even if it is
not to be a full-blown F2F TC meeting. However we, could, as we did last
year, schedule a conf call meeting for late that day, as there will probably
be quite a few TC members participating in or presenting at the school (and
Oxford late July is worth the trip..)

2 Regular Conf Calls

My experience on other TCs has been that a regular "slot" for conf call
meetings (same time, same day, agreed pattern of weekly, bi-weekly or
monthly) is valuable both in keeping up momentum and providing fosuc to
deliver particular pieces of work.

It's probably too early to start discussing what our preferences are for
days and timing, but I think we should keep this is mind when thinking of
our work plan for the coming months

Regards

-Peter

Peter F Brown
Chair, CEN eGovernment Focus Group
Co-editor, OASIS Service-Oriented Architecture - Reference Model Advisor on
European eGovernment Strategy, Office of the CIO, Austrian Federal
Chancellery