Subject: Possible OASIS WebSign effort

F.Y.I.

There has recently been some discussions within OASIS regarding the launch
of a TC for the purpose of creating a Web Sign standard.

Web Sign: The ability for a user to sign a document or form in a web browser
and having the signature submitted to a web server.  A minimal such function
already exists in Mozilla Firefox in the form of "signText".

Having worked with Web Sign concepts for several years, I am happy about
the increasing interest in creating a standard, but I also know that there are
huge scope issues to agree on including:

- Document format(s)
- Signature invocation mechanism to use
- Wet or dry signature support
- Local signature validation/multiple signatures
- Encryption options
- WYSIWYS

In case you are interested, please drop me a line.

regards
Anders Rundgren
Working for a major US computer security company but here acting as an individual