Subject: Re: [egov] Possible OASIS WebSign effort

John Messing wrote:

>How does this differ from the Digital Signature Services TC (DSS TC)?

Good question.

DSS is (as far as I understand), a protocol that does signature creation
and signature validation.  However, it does not have any bindings to
a browser or a user.  The primary target for DSS ought to be as a
delegated security service.

WebSign, is a local signature process running in the browser controlled
by a user and hopefully supporting a What You See Is What You Sign
(WYSIWYS) capability.

regards
Anders