Subject: SV: [egov] Groups - London Oasis E-gov conference added

[Jon Bosak wrote]

| I will repeat that I don't mean to minimize either the hassle of
| setting up a conference call or the limited usefulness of phone
| participation (let alone the difficulty of accommodating the
| agenda to various people's time zones).  We struggle with these
| problems every time we hold a UBL TC meeting.  But I really don't
| think people understand what's going to happen with travel costs
| over the next 2-3 years.  We are either going to figure out how to
| conduct global business without travel or give up on the idea of
| doing this work on a global basis and fall back to regional
| associations.

Technology is comming to our aid. Today I spent 10 Euro on a SkypeOut
account (www.skype.com) and I participated in an one hour teleconference
using the UBL conference line. It cost me 1,13 Euro and the sound quality
was fine. This was my first experience with IP-telephony but certanly not my
last. The cost of participating in teleconferences should not be a barrier
in the future.

Best regards

Mikkel Hippe Brun
Chief Consultant, M.Sc.