Subject: Suggestions for F2F agenda items and TC action/activity

Dear Harm Jan, dear all:

I will be attending the F2F in London, probably accompanied by another colleague working in the Austrian Federal Chancellor's Office.

We would like to put our initiative for a "eGovernment Resources Network" on the table (see attached draft flyer). Although intended (initially at least) as a European venture, there are a number of issues that are, I think, of common interest for us all:

- the idea of developing a common, "eGovernment Reference Information Model" for describing common eGovernment services and components in a standardised manner, independent of language or location;
- the idea of a "proof of concept" for federating information (encapsulated in such a common model) across heterogeneous registries and register-type infrastructures - as a means of exchanging information between existing national interoperability frameworks and as a first step to identifying interoperability points for possible later service bindings;
- the development of a "semantic navigation layer" for navigating and accessing key reference information on eGovernment services provided by administrations and made available to different groups (open/public; restricted/public officials, etc).

We would be interested in exploring these - and related - ideas at the F2F to determine whether any or all of them could be pursued within OASIS as specific pieces of work: either by the eGov TC itself; spun off in a new TC; or handed off to another existing TC, as appropriate. I would be happy to introduce the theme, to place the initiative in the context of the Austrian government's political priorities for its forthcoming Presidency of the EU Council and in relation to its work in developing an eGovernment Reference Model: parts of this model can be navigated online - German terminology only at present, I'm afraid - at http://sl.cio.gv.at/kommarch/view.php?scope=Allgemein .

I look forward to seeing you all next week in London!

Best regards,

Peter
-------------
Peter F Brown
---
Chair, CEN eGovernment Focus Group
---
Senior Expert
eGovernment - Legal, Organisational and International Issues
Austrian Federal Chancellery
---
Co-Editor, OASIS SOA Reference Model
---