Subject: RE: XBRL for DoD War on Waste?

Thanks Owen, I have copied the Navy folks.  I believe the eGov TC in Oasis is big on XBRL due to the heavy influence of Finance types currently.

r/ John

From: Owen_Ambur@ios.doi.gov [mailto:Owen_Ambur@ios.doi.gov]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2006 12:02 PM
To: Campbell,Richard S.; susan.turnbull@gsa.gov; Weiland,John R. NMIMC GS; deferrarij@gao.gov
Subject: XBRL for DoD War on Waste?

Richard & Susan, this article implies that DoD might benefit by participating in the September 19 workshop on XBRL:  http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/41562-1.html

It might also be good to engage folks at GAO.  XBRL is referenced in 9 places in their April 2002 report on XML:  http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d02327.pdf

BTW, here is the white paper the DFAS folks compiled on XBRL back in 2000:  http://xml.gov/documents/completed/dfas_xbrl_issues.htm  Here are the response from the XBRL Consortium:  http://xml.gov/documents/completed/xbrl_consortium_responses.htm

John & John, the wiki Susan has established to support the September 19 workshop is at http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ExpeditionWorkshop/OpenCollaboration_NetworkingFinancialManagementCommunities  I am linking to it at http://xml.gov/index.asp#September  If you and/or any of your colleagues would like to participate, I trust that Richard and Susan would be pleased to hear from you.

Owen

-----Forwarded by Owen Ambur/PIR/OS/DOI on 08/07/2006 11:30AM -----