Subject: [Fwd: [ekmi-audit] Nominee: Mike Nelson]

Forwarding to the main TC list, since only the EKMI TC
can elect chairs/co-chairs of subcommittees.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ekmi-audit] Nominee: Mike Nelson
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 17:42:54 -0700
From: Mike Nelson <mnelson@securenet-technologies.com>
To: ekmi-audit@lists.oasis-open.org

Mike Nelson - CISA, CISM, CISSP, ITIL, CAP

I seek your support for co-chairmanship of the EKMI TC Audit subcommittee.

Like Ken Adler, I am convinced of the potential impact of this project and
am committed to contributing to its success.

I am fairly visible in the FISMA (Federal Information Security Management
Act) auditing community.  I maintain a blog and (soon) podcast on FISMA and
the body of NIST standards required to comply (mrfisma.com). Iım in
collaboration now on a book on FISMA and currently serve as President of the
San Francisco Chapter of ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control
Association).  I teach regularly on FISMA and I lead CISA and CISM
workshops.  I co-chair the Fall Conference for the ISACA chapter and Iım a
member of the itSMF, ISSA, CSI and Infragard.

I currently work at SecureNet Technologies for clients that include NASA,
Department of Agriculture, Department of Energy, Federal Reserve Bank of New
York and other state and local entities, as well as a number of private
sector firms who, by virtue of their Federal system interactions, must
comply with FISMA.

I believe that between Ken and myself, acting as co-chairs, we will provide
a good balance in representing the diverse audit requirements and be able to
share the workload for pushing the audit guidelines forward.

--
Mike Nelson, CAP, CISA, CISM, CISSP, ITIL
mnelson@securenet-technologies.com or mrfisma@gmail.com