Subject: Re: [ekmi] Groups - Proposal for a message-structure for SKMS (PDF) (SKSML-1.0-Error-Message-Codes.pdf) uploaded

Hi Arshad,

I have two problems with the proposal:

1) The window to implement is too long. I think it should be 6 to
12 months in order to encourage uptake. The way I would structure
this is that they get 6 months upon application approval, with
the option of a 6 months extension if they ask for it. Longer
would require re-approval. I'd make this fairly automatic, but
leave them with the idea that they'd better get cracking or they
lose their place in line.

2) If it is restricted to OASIS only members, then you will not
get uptake among the smaller companies as the cost of membership
for a company is not trivial for a startup. This puts an
impediment to widespread adoption by potential vendors that would
interfere with adoption that we would not want. What other OASIS
standard requires membership? All we are offering them is a
dedicated block for error and message codes. (Personally I think
1000 is overkill, I'd used 100 and hold 400 in reserve for each
registered entity, but that almost doesn't matter as we can
extend the numbering schema in a later release.)

Best,

Allen

Best,

Allen