Subject: [Fwd: Analysis of PCI-DSS Encryption & Key Management Requirements]

FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 18:34:26 -0700
From: Arshad Noor <arshad.noor@strongauth.com>
To: dataloss@datalossdb.org

Encryption and Key Management raise many questions with respect to
PCI-DSS compliance. This is not surprising since this is the most
complex part of the DSS.

We've spent some time analysing each of the encryption and key-
management requirements and have written a paper discussing them.
I will disclose that the paper also explains, briefly, how the
free and open-source StrongKey Symmetric Key Management System
(SKMS) addresses each of the requirements.

The analysis is available for download at:

http://www.strongauth.com/pdf/Analysis-of-PCI-DSS-1.2-Key-Management-Requirements-v1.0.pdf.

We hope the paper is deemed helpful.

If you have any feedback or questions, please let me know directly.
Suggestions for improvement of the paper are always welcome.

Thank you.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.