Subject: Re: [ekmi-comment] SKSML public review - comment - proposal to allowfor different key payload containers and alignment with IETF PSKC

Philip,

Thank you very much for your comments on the DRAFT specification
of SKSML, and the potential to include the DSKPP key-container
within SKSML.

The Technical Committee has agreed to begin discussions with you
(and/or other members of KEYPROV) to understand the implications
of this change.

A small group of TC members would like to start understanding the
details of DSKPP, how it fits in with SKSML and its impact on
SKSML.  Please let us know how you would like to begin - I imagine
a web-presentation from you on the current DSKPP architecture and
mechanics would be the appropriate first step.

The TC has also decided that since there were no objections from
anyone in the Public Review to the current SKSML DRAFT specification,
it will move forward with a ballot to designate the DRAFT as a
Committee Specification.  This is not an OASIS standard.  That may
be many months away - which gives us the time to understand the
DSKPP technology, and the opportunity to include the key-container
(if the TC votes for it) before SKSML becomes an OASIS standard.

Let me know some convenient dates and times when you might be able
to provide that web-presentation.  We should have a sub-group named
by the 20th of January (our monthly TC meeting), so any time after
that would be appropriate.

Regards and a happy new year.

Arshad Noor
StrongAuth, Inc.