election-services-comment message

Subject: RE: [election-services-comment] Internationalization of 630-optionslist

David,

No confusion whatsoever here.

The same principles and approach possible and illustrated in the 410 example apply to the 630.  The whole point of declaring things in the 630 is so they can be referenced and used in the 410, 510, 520.

The EML core definitions apply across the whole also via the includes.

The 630 can contain declarations for each language and then those specific Id references are used for 410 ballot(s) either for one language or multiples as ballot selection items.

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

 -------- Original Message --------
Subject: [election-services-comment] Internationalization of
630-optionslist
From: David Mas <david.mas@scytl.com>
Date: Sun, July 08, 2007 6:55 am
To: election-services-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: 'Oliver Hernàndez Valls' <oliver.hernandez@scytl.com>

Hello,

 There must be some confusion while reading our mails because we are
 trying to configure our election system using EML-110, EML-630 messages
 and you are presenting an EML-410 as example.

 Furthermore, we can't see no internationalization in the 410 example
 you suggest as there's only one language in all the file and no locales
 are specified anywhere.

 But anyway, as you say in the "1- Executive Summary" in document "EML-
 Process-Data-Requirements" that one of the goals of EML is to be
 multilingual, wouldn't it be better and easier if all elements
 susceptible to be presented to some human were of type Messages?

 Here we reproduce the proposal for internationalizing 630 in our last
 message. What do you think about it?

 In the ProposalStructure we suggest to use the new ReferendumOption
 structure instead of ReferendumOptionIdentifier. Note that the
 ReferendumOption encloses a sequence of ReferendumOptionIdentifier
 and Messages (which can accommodate the internationalization).
 This is what would be added to emlcore.xsd:

 <xs:element name="ReferendumOption" type="ReferendumOptionStructure"/>

 <xs:complexType name="ReferendumOptionStructure">
 <xs:sequence>
 <xs:element ref="ReferendumOptionIdentifier" />
 <xs:element name="Messages" type="MessagesStructure"/>
 </xs:sequence>
 </xs:complexType>

 And to make the change effective, this line from ProposalStructure
 <xs:element ref="ReferendumOptionIdentifier" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

 should be changed to this one:
 <xs:element ref="ReferendumOption" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

 Also note that the ReferendumOptionIdentifier is now optional
 (minOccurs="0") to allow questions that don't have any specified answer,
 i.e. open text questions in the referendum.

 Any comments are welcome. Regards,

 --
 David Mas Santaló, Senior Software Engineer

 e-mail: david.mas@scytl.com
 phone: +34 934 230 324
 fax: +34 933 251 028

 Scytl Secure Electronic Voting
 C. Tuset 20 1-7
 08006 Barcelona, Spain
 http://www.scytl.com

 NOTICE: The information in this e-mail and in any of its attachments is
 confidential and intended solely for the attention and use of the named
 addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
 copying, distribution or retaining of this message or any part of it,
 without the prior written consent of Scytl Secure Electronic Voting SA,
 is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this in error,
 please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

 This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
 OASIS Election and Voter Services TC.

 In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
 to minimize spam in the list archive, subscription is required
 before posting.

 Subscribe: election-services-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org