election-services-comment message

Subject: FW: Source Code for Sequoia's Frontier Election System NowAvailable for Public Download!

Submitted on behalf of Eric Coomer at his request and with his permission.

John Borras

From: Coomer, Eric [ecoomer@sequoiavote.com]
Sent: 04 December 2009 00:07
To: John Borras; david@drrw.info
Cc: Shafer, Michelle

Hello John and David.  I’m sorry it has taken a bit longer to get this info to you.  Attached are 2 archives containing the schemas for our data in the Frontier system.

TabulatorSchemas.rar as it implies are all of the election definition/results schemas from the tabulator.  We have also included a sample results.xml file that may highlight some of the usages- especially the “outstack conditions” element.

ImportSchemas are the schemas for importing various Geo-political definition data.

I have also attached some “feedback” regarding the latest EML 6.0 standard.

To answer your question, when we began development we tried to align with EML 5.0 but found too many blocking issues.  It was only during the NIST CDF workshop that I was aware of the EML 6.0 release.  Since then, we have tried to take another trip through our structures to see what we can do to better align.

I would appreciate any feedback you may have regarding our structures and comments.

Eric D. Coomer
Vice President,

Research & Product Development
Sequoia Voting Systems