Subject: RE: [election-services] Defining a trusted voting process - one disabilities concern

Hi Charbel,

I agree that the standard needs to change to reflect points found during
implementation. Several changes were made as a result of the 2002 and 2003
experiences, and more as a result of recent implementations for registration
systems. However, I think we are beyond the stage of being able to change
the standard at will. It could change as a result of David's initiative if
it looks like becoming a standard. It could change as a result of future
planned implementations. But not as a result of a "wish" unless it has some
real chance of implementation.

It is not that the standard is frozen, just gradually upping the barrier on
what causes a change as more implementations get put in place. In the
meantime, the extensibility of the core language can be exploited.

Regards

Paul