Subject: Re: [election-services] GAO report on election system security

David hi.

Are these not the same fears that users had for online banking?

Which although there are headline cases, has proved to be very securre.
With the majority of bank accounts in the UK at least now having online
access.

I think the biggest hurdle for electonic voting is user perception. So
training / education would be a large part of any installation. Just as it
was when we first had the ballot box, which (although before my time) I
believe people were very distrusting of.

Cheers

Simon
--
Simon Bain