Subject: RE: [election-services] EML in the local elections

All,

EML established the baseline from early on in the project and was defined to be the interface of choice between all systems. This gave us a head start, we did not have to invent interfaces, only define how we were going to use them as concrete examples.

We discovered early on that the EML definition did not fit to non-Anglo-Saxon elections :-) so we had to include some extensions which we hoped would make it in to the standards.

The publication of the RSS feed are EML documents 520 with a style sheet applied. You can easily see the extensions (lvk namespace).

We only had use for EML 230, EMl510 and EML520. Voter registration is not applicable to Belgium since voting is compulsory.

We did use EML as distinct steps in the process, but also for the evolution of the incoming results, something that EML was not designed for.
The process worked flawless and results have never been collected as fast.
As you might have noticed we had online statistics about participation, M/F details about the elected as well as age categories.

Results were published as a sum of all counting stations for which results were received, and every time seat allocation was calculated (EML520 intermediate).

I am hoping to get details published ...

Johan

Johan

This is excellent news, very well done to all involved.  Are you content for me to post this news on the TC website please?

Are there any lessons learnt from your exercise that we could include in the draft Busienss Case for EML that I produced some weeks ago?  I'd like to get that document published and it would be be greatly enhanced if it had your case study included.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745