Subject: RE: [election-services] EML BUSINESS CASE

David, Charbel,

I suspect that the main value of the SWOT might be in focussing our thoughts when writing the rest of the document. We may later decide we don't need to include it at all, but it should be the next thing we do.

I agree with Charbel's other comments.

Regards

Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: 30 November 2006 13:05
To: charbel.aoun@accenture.com
Cc: johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk; election-services@lists.oasis-open.org

Charbel,

Excellent points - I think we need a draft that melds all these sets of comments so far!

I'm in "writing mode" at the moment - so I'll try and get something to John as soon as I am able here.

I like the appendix idea - and I think we could move the SWOT there too - because - yes - the SWOT usually is specific to a particular view and stance - this one would be more US focused and to technical audience - may not resonate with others so much.  I think the value in the SWOT is making people focus on what exactly they do have as priority needs - and then assessing them with weighted scorecard and such - so they can have some metrics to work with.  Having one in the appendix as a template helps them therefore build their own.

Meanwhile John needs me back on finishing those XML 5.0 schemas - but - hopefully this is just a short but important detour into executive details land... ; -)

Thanks, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)