Subject: Re: Update on EML and Voting Software Independence

Patrick

Many thanks for all your efforts on our behalf over the last few days.  At last there seems to be a way forward for EML in US.  I very much like the idea of an interop demo later in 2007; that would fit with our timetable of releasing v5 and getting ISO approval.  I'll put this on the agenda for our next TC meeting.

In the meantime perhaps Mary could give me some advice on the logistics of setting up such a demo.  What would the TC have to do please?

Once again many thanks.

M. +44 (0)7976 157745

----- Original Message ----
From: Patrick Gannon <patrick.gannon@oasis-open.org>
To: John Borras <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>; David RR Webber (XML) <david@drrw.info>
Cc: mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org; James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>; Eduardo.Gutentag@Sun.COM; Dee Schur <dee.schur@oasis-open.org>; Peter Roden <peter.roden@oasis-open.org>; Scott McGrath <scott.mcgrath@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 5 December, 2006 9:10:27 PM

John, David,

Thanks for the live email dialog and support over the past few days while I
was preparing and attending the EAC TGDC meeting. Below is the summary email I
sent to the TGDC members and NIST staff who are on the Security & Transparency
Subcommittee and on the Core Requirements & Testing Subcommittee.

I did also suggest to Lynne Rosenthal and a few others on the NIST staff that
maybe later in 2007, it would be good to try to organize an EML
interoperability demo.  My guess is that this would likely have to be in the
2nd half of the year (after NIST submits the VVSG report to EAC on 31 July
2007).  So, if there is an appropriate conference (maybe NASED or NASCIO)
where we could organize something either by ourselves or jointly with NIST and
IEEE; it might be something worth considering and beginning planning, as these
types of government conferences lock in their speakers and events far in
advance.

Let me know how OASIS staff can continue to support your efforts.

--
Patrick Gannon