Subject: RE: [election-services] Revised EML 330 - Election List xsd

Title: Message
David -

I finally have some time to review your 330-electionlist changes.

What P1622 is after from these changes is the ability to indicate in the election list (a list of those eligible to vote at the polling place, a.k.a. the poll book) the valid information for each voter.
   1) We need to be able to tie the signature from the voter's registration form to the individual voter.
   2) We also want to provide the voter id values that are on record for the individual so that they may be validated before allowing the voter to vote
      -- both 1 and 2 allow poll workers to verify the individual is who they say they are before they present the voter with their ballot forms
   3) We also need to be able to tie the ballot form (or forms) that the individual voter is allowed to be given, to the individual voter [in the US, there may be several different forms in a given polling location and not everyone gets the same forms so the poll book shows the specific forms for each individual].

This is what we had in mind.  Since I have not been involved in the core EML work, I can't claim to know this is the best way for these items, only that they match the needs from P1622's perspective. I believe you are intending to use VoterArtifact for the various binary images that can be used for validation (signature right now but possibly other later) -- that would change my "RegistrationSignature" element to VoterArtifact.  We do want to send back a captured signature image in voting history (that would be the image captured at the polling place (usually signing of the poll book), but that is a different path and we intend to have that as part of the VTokenLog/VToken [please refer to my reference embodiment document for further clarification]. I would be happy to talk with you anytime you want to email or phone.

  <ElectionList>
      <EventIdentifier Id="thiseventid"/>
      <VoterDetails>
          <VoterRegistration>
                          <!-- Repeat the Below Lines for each Voter -->
             <Voter>
                <VoterIdentification Id="12345678">
                  <VoterName>
                    <nl:NameLine>John Q Public</nl:NameLine>
                  </VoterName>
                  <ElectoralAddress>
                    <al:Address>123 Main Street, Hometown, AK 22034</al:Address>
                  </ElectoralAddress>
                  <VToken><Component Type="rtvid">12345xyz</Component></VToken>
                  <VoterIdentificationID IDType="TXDriversLicenseType" IDValue="12345678"/>
                  <VoterIdentificationID IDType="SSNType" IDValue="123456789"/>
               </VoterIdentification>
               <VoterInformation>
                 <DateOfBirth>2000-01-01</DateOfBirth>
                 <PreferredLanguage>en-us</PreferredLanguage>
                 <Affiliation>DEM</Affiliation>
                 <BallotFormIdentifier>abc</BallotFormIdentifier>
                 <RegistrationSignature>captured image of voter signature from registration form</RegistrationSignature>
              </VoterInformation>
           </Voter>
                          <!-- Repeat the Above Lines for each Voter -->
        </VoterRegistration>
     </VoterDetails>
  </ElectionList>
</EML>