Subject: EML INTEROP DEMO

Dear All

I have negotiated, in my opinion, a very good deal with OASIS staff that constrains the costs to us for the Interop Demo at the Open Standards Forum but at the same time gives us maximum support from them.  I believe this now gives us a good basis on which to continue with our detailed planning and for those who have not already seen it attached is a storyboard that sets out the plans for the demo.

I would stress how important I see this event is for us.  It provides a golden opportunity for us to demonstrate the new version 5 of EML to a wide range of people across the UK and Europe.  At the same time it allows each of you to display yourself as a leader in the field of e-voting.  I would therefore ask for a maximum turn out from TC members at the event.  Your contribution can be direct in terms of providing kit/software to run the demo or indirect by just being present to answer questions etc.

And so we need to move on with the planning and I would like to hold a teleconference next week to review the storyboard and agree some of the next steps.  I appreciate this is now running into the holiday period but I don't think we can wait until everyone returns before proceeding.

Is a telecon on Friday 10th August at 14.00 GMT (15.00 BST, 16.00 CET, 10.00 EST) OK for those not on holiday?

Plus can I have a volunteer to host the call please?

M. +44 (0)7976 157745
Skype: gov3john

pat212465461