Subject: RE: [election-services] OASIS Demo for NASS / NASED

Peter,

Agreed - we need both.  I just would not lead with the DSig stuff - as that's very "tech' head" stuff.  I think the average voter cares more about being able to trust the software behind the voting systems - and that it can be independently checked...
Also dsig is better positioned as authentication of the voting source - where the particular ballot originated from.

Time of course will tell on all this - I'm seeing we need to tell the complete story - open standards with vote authentication together.

DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)